Wednesday, October 05, 2005

When did October Start?

I missed it. When did we start another new month? Yes, I realize we are already a few days into October but, well, I missed it. Maybe my brain has a short somewhere...yup, there is strong possibility...

We had a nice but quick weekend. I went to a ladies retreat put on by our school. It was a nice time and my first night away from Brooklyn. For the first night in two years I slept all through the night! I mean I didn't even move! I woke up on my own without a cold little hand patting my cheek...but then again I missed that pudgy little hand. Sean did great without me. Such a good Daddy. In fact, according to Sean - and I say "according to" because I don't really believe him - Brooklyn did better without me around. She never got into things or did anything bad in the whole 25 hours that I was gone. If that's true, I guess I'd better get away more often....hmmm, I've heard there are some pretty nice spas here. Suppose I could get a special missionary deal (i.e. free)?! Probably not.

This is Spiritual Emphasis Week at school. No tests or homework...praise the Lord! We have a guest speaker and his wife here from the U.S. We are really enjoying their messages. There are two meetings each day - in the mornings between classes as well as in the evenings. It means Sean is especially busy with worship leading and playing and organizing but it is going very well and we are both being refreshed.

No comments: