Wednesday, December 07, 2005

6 days of classes left!

I know, we're pretty spoiled to get a nice long Christmas Break. But then again, this is probably the last one we'll ever have. It is very possible that Sean may be flying on Christmas day next year! Yeah, I'm pretty sure he'd rather be doing that than having three weeks free. You may remember how terribly bored we were during our last break from school. Neither one of us are very good at "vacations". We love adventures, traveling, doing, and even working... but we go absolutely crazy with a completely "action-less" day. Sean starts cleaning toilets with screwdrivers (don't ask) and I start thinking too much which is always dangerous. Brooklyn is just like her parents. We get pretty grumpy.

We do have lots of visitors coming, though. Looks like we'll keep pretty busy which is wonderful!

Sean is off at a Spinning class right now. He's always really loved riding bikes - especially in the mountains. Pedaling on a stationary bike in a room full of sweaty people isn't quite the same as a ride through the aspen trees in the mountains of Colorado, but it at least gives him something to do. He's even doing a Spinning competition this coming Saturday!

I went to a party this afternoon. It was for a Bible Study group that I'm going to be teaching next trimester that is for househelpers of language school students. As I sat there, looking at all those precious souls I started to wonder WHAT IN THE WORLD I HAVE GOTTEN MYSELF INTO! These ladies are so special and this is just one of those things a person doesn't want to screw up! It isn't really the Spanish thing that I'm worried about (although that is certainly a factor) but it's more the whole idea of leading these ladies in a study of God's Word! Pray for me and for these special women. My prayer is that these ladies come to know Christ in an ever deeper and more real way...and that is also my prayer for myself - so it will be a journey that we take together. This is a God thing and I'm excited to see what He does with it!

No comments: