Thursday, April 13, 2006

A Few Thoughts

  • This has been bothering me. Where do we get seeds for seedless grapes? Or for any "seedless" fruit for that matter?
  • I found all the ingredients to make a taco salad. This is a family thing, not really Mexican at all but such a mainstay during my childhood that I've really been missing it. I told my mom it was like the stars have aligned or something since I was able to find everything I needed. You have no idea how hard it is to find everything necessary at one time to make good, old-fashioned Clark Family Taco Salad. A big deal - I had been searching for something like two months for all the right stuff. It was was VERY good. Whew. I might survive this overseas living stuff!
  • I think Sean and I might be losing our English skills. The other day Sean was about to tell someone that we were on the footstool of Ecuador. That would be doorstep. But together we make a very bad mix. Tonight's conversation... Sean, after I confessed that I might be kind of a dork:"Rebecca, I knew I married you on reason." Me, thinking I'm being smart but instead falling into the trap:"Thanks, Sean, I married you for your lingwish skills." You may not be laughing. That's okay, maybe you had to be here...
  • We went to our househelper Isabel's house tonight. It was a special time. She cooked us a nice dinner. We had a great time using our Spanish for the first time this week! Two of her sons, a daughter-in-law, and a grandbaby were there also. Brooklyn loved their little dog! It was neat to see her home, which was very cozy though simple. She built that house from the ground up, all by herself, while working and caring for her 5 children. She has some pretty awesome stories of how God provided every room, and every piece of furniture little by little over the years. God is indeed very good. We probably won't see her again before we leave. She'll be in the States for the next two weeks, raising support for her mission work in Mexico. We're going to miss her.

  • Brooklyn is getting bored being home with Mommy and Daddy all day. We caught her playing in some paints we had thrown into our "sell or give away" pile.
  • We found out today that we won't be moving into the house we thought we were in Ecuador. Instead, we're going to "house-sit" for another MAF family for a while. It will work out well for us - we'll have a car to use right away and more time to buy our own stuff without the pressure. The drawback, of course, is that it is temporary. But we see it as God just doing something bigger than we can see. He's never failed us before! And after seeing how he provided even the simplest things for Isabel, we can't doubt that He knows our needs and wants to take good care of His children. So, we're looking at possibly up to another year in a "temporary" situation. Guess when you look at it from Eternity's side, all our years here on Earth are temporary anyway.

No comments: