Thursday, May 11, 2006

It begins

This is a big day! No, it isn't anybody's birthday or anniversary (at least not anyone I know). It isn't a holiday that I'm aware of. But it is a memorable day...and night. My life as an MAF pilot's wife is beginning. Sean is stuck overnight out in the jungle! He flew out with another pilot today and the weather here in Shell is bad enough that they won't be able to make it back in tonight. I found all this out when I went to the hangar at 5:00 to pick Sean up. It came as a bit of a shock considering that I didn't even know he got to go on a flight!

Poor guy - stuck out there in the jungle like that. Yeah right! He's got to be so excited to spend his first night in the jungle, even if he didn't take along his toothbrush. Looks like they'll probably spend the night in Macuma. When I was here 6 years ago, I got to spend a weekend in Macuma. It was unforgettable - the REAL jungle, just like you imagine it. I've been trying to tell him about that experience for so long and now he'll finally get to enjoy it himself. There are missionaries there that will feed him and give him a place to sleep. Someday soon, this won't be a big deal and may happen on a fairly regular basis - Sean will probably grow to be like all the other pilots and avoid overnighting whenever possible - but there is something about the first time and I know Sean will have fun. He may be worried about me feeling sad being home alone tonight but God has already granted me His grace for that and I'm really more excited for Sean as he gets to experience this new adventure! You can look forward to his story on this night in a future blog, I am sure!

No comments: