Friday, June 09, 2006

Home sweet home!

After what proved to be a most unforgettable journey, we finally arrived with the Cessna into Quito, Ecuador Wednesday afternoon. Our flight from Panama took about 5.5 hours and went without a hitch, nice and boring, just like we wanted. I continued the journey home to Shell yesterday on the bus which took 6 hours. It is really nice to finally be home after a 10 day excursion. From the Newton, Kansas area to Quito, Ecuador it took us almost 27 hours of flight time. Of that, I flew 22, of which about half was in the clouds. We had a lot of weather to deal with the whole trip, whereas my coworkers that flew the other Cessna from Quito to Kansas entered 1 cloud for about 5 minutes. The weather had signifigantly changed in those few weeks in between the two flights. Although it was hard being away from my girls for that long, that is a flight I will never forget. I would love to do more of these international flights, although not for a while. I am taking today off just trying to get caught up on life, and otherwise just resting. It still may be awhile before I get to fly again as the Ecuador licensing process continues to drag on. The reason I was able to fly this airplane is because it has an American registration for the time being, thus validating my American lisences and making me legal to fly it. I still have plenty to do with other various jobs I have been given at the hangar. Thanks for all your prayers as we were away and flying the airplane down here. There is no doubt in my mind that they got us here safely.

No comments: