Saturday, July 29, 2006

Nice rest

Phew...It is weekend! We are all so busy and working so hard. Once the weekend rolls around it is sure nice to relax a bit. I went to bed last night at 8:30. It seems like I always go to bed earlier on Friday nights than any other night of the week. Everything from the previous week must catch up with me and wipe me out a little earlier than normal. Next week is looking like it is going to be full already. But it is full just in the way we have been praying for.

Monday I should be able to fly and get in a little more practice and flight training. That will be nice, as "the general" is coming down from Quito on Tuesday to do my checkride. Assuming I pass, then I will all but have my Ecuadorian pilots license.

Wednesday we are all driving to Quito mid-morning for several reasons.

Thursday, I will be in a seminar all day at the Marriot Hotel. The FAA, the DAC (Ecuador's FAA), and Delta Airlines are putting it on. I am not even really sure what it is about, but I will be representing MAF there, as well as one of our Quito workers. It should be fun, and I will take notes so I can tell everyone in Shell what it is about.

Friday, I will be finishing up my pilot's license. I will go to the DAC and finish the paperwork and hopefully walk out with a shiny new license in hand. That should only take up the morning. After that, we are "free." Being that next weekend is our aniversary/Brooklyn's 3rd birthday, I think we will be doing some touring/getting lost/exploring in the Andes. We will be sure to let you all know how that goes.

Saturday and Sunday the touring/getting lost/exploring journey will continue. We will probably head home sometime Sunday. So, there it is. Today is barely starting and next week as well as next weekend are already planned. Phew, I am already tired. But it is so fun!

Also, once I get my license (hopefully next week), Chad our instructor pilot told me he wants me to be flying solo and operationally in the next month. We have another pilot getting ready to head to the states for his 6 month furlough, so it will be nice to fill that gap. In order to be flying solo and operationally, I have a lot of gaps to fill in learning how to do what we do. That said, in order to get me to that goal, I will be flying almost every day with Chad, or our other instructor pilot, Dale. These will almost all be operational flights, and Chad and Dale will be going with me to help in the little things that come up during a flight. Usually the flying is the easiest part. When you land and have to start dealing with the people and the various requests is when things can get complicated, and the Spanish is put to test.

No comments: