Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Back in the saddle

Today I was back at it with Chad my instructor pilot. We went to two places to get people out of the jungle. The second place we went is called ToƱampade. Some of you may be familiar with it from various books, documentaries, and movies. It is where the "palm beach" incident occured over 50 years ago with Nate Saint and his 4 missionary friends where they were speared to death trying to evangelize the Auca tribe. I will give more detail at a later time as to what the tribe is like now, and what happens now at ToƱampade.
Chad took this picture out of the window of the plane. I was loading the belly pod with our passengers cargo. He had a TON of plantanos (like bananas) to bring back to Shell with him. They eat those things all day long with every meal. I like them myself, although I prefer to throw in a little variety from time to time.

No comments: