Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Ms. Potato Head

  • We're off to Quito this morning. Since Sean's check ride didn't work out this week, it means we'll have an extra day to shop and explore after his conference ends on Thursday evening. We have several things on our list to get done including buying a birthday gift for Brooklyn, checking out furniture for our future home, buying food items not available in Shell, as well as simply enjoying American eateries, movie theaters, and a little tourism of the Andes mountains to celebrate 6 years of marriage and Brooklyn's 3rd birthday, of course!
  • Sean's check ride was canceled yesterday. "The General" couldn't come but it turned out to be a VERY rainy day so they wouldn't have been able to fly anyway. If all goes as planned (we're on Plan F or G by now, I think), the check ride will be Monday...so keep praying!
  • Flight hours for MAF in Ecuador have increased quite a bit lately. After a day like yesterday with no flights due to weather, it means that the pilots have a huge workload today. While it is always exciting to see that MAF is busy and making a difference in the jungles of Ecuador, it also increases the stress load of the pilots and could be cause of potential mishaps as the pilots do their best to help as many folks as possible. We appreciate your prayers for continued safe operations in Ecuador! Needless to say, everybody is looking forward to having Sean to help carry the load.
  • Last night while Sean was gone teaching English, I was getting after Brooklyn for not putting her toys away as I told her to. I was sitting at the computer and could see from where I was that Brooklyn was obviously playing. I started getting really upset with her since I'd been telling her to put away her toys for several minutes and so I started to holler at her from across the room...but when she turned around to look at me, I just had to bust out laughing! She'd been playing with her Mr. Potato Head accessories, as you can see in the photo below. She probably knew that, at some point, I'd get after her and so she was ready and waiting with a little bit of comic relief for her over-stressed Mom! --Becca

No comments: