Monday, October 16, 2006

A Week Later...

Has it really been a week already?! We've been a bit busy this past week, adjusting to a completely different life! I know many of you were probably hoping for more news from us this past week...all I can say is that when it's a choice between sleep and blogging, sleep will always win out!!

Maddie is doing great. She is a great baby and does what babies do best - eats, sleeps, and fills her diaper! She is quite regular :-) She obviously doesn't sleep through the night yet but she does give me a few hours between feedings.

Brooklyn is adjusting to the new addition. She likes to give Madison kisses and seems interested in "helping" when I change diapers or dress Madison. It is hard as a Mommy to not be able to be available to Brooklyn whenever she needs me but it is good for Brooklyn to learn patience and how to share me with her baby sister. I try to have a few special times alone with Brooklyn when Madison is sleeping. Of course, right now, Brooklyn is so busy being spoiled rotten by her Grammy that she doesn't seem to mind that I'm not available at every moment. In fact, the other evening when I was trying to have a special moment alone with Brooklyn she spent the whole time telling me that I was sitting in "Bunny's" chair - for some reason Brooklyn can't quite pronounce "Grammy", so she calls her "Bunny".

I am so grateful to have my mom here to help out. There is nothing like having my Mommy around to take care of me. I'm a tad emotional and hormonal (wonder why?) and I'm grateful that she is around to make things so easy and stress-free. She cooks, cleans, does laundry and dishes, and plays with Brooklyn. It will be a rude awakening when she leaves!

I am finally starting to feel human again. My back was pretty messed up there for a while but it seems to be getting better. I am almost walking normal again! I'm enjoying being able to get around and feeling more energetic everyday, despite the lack of sleep. It is unbelievable what pregnancy does to the body...ugh!

Tonight the other missionary ladies in Shell threw a baby shower for Madison and I. It was a great time. I am reminded of what a blessing it is to work with such awesome people. I was so blessed by their love, understanding and support - it does make being so far away from "home" at this time much easier. God used church this morning and the baby shower this evening to encourage me - both in our calling to reach the people of Ecuador for Christ and in my own personal calling as a mother to raise my girls in Spirit and Truth. There is no higher calling and I am humbled all over again that God has entrusted not one but two beautiful little lives to my care and guidance. What a huge responsibility! But praise the Lord that I don't even have to rely on my own strength to do it. God is good.

--Becca

No comments: