Sunday, April 08, 2007

Busy weekend

After our fun day off on Friday, I had to get back to the real world and go to work this weekend. It is my turn to be on call this Easter weekend. It was a pretty laid back day at the hangar yesterday. I was able to catch up on a lot of little projects that I couldn't seem to get done previously. Becca and the girls came by and we gave it our best trying to get a family picture. Let's just say we will be having retakes.

I did have one flight in the afternoon. It was only a post-maintenance flight, which kept me close to Shell. For those of you who have never seen my pictures of Shell, below is what the big city looked like yesterday afternoon. Basically, the town runs the length of the 5,000ft long runway. This picture is looking out to the east towards Brazil and the Amazon Basin. If you were to look out my right side window, your eyes would be filled with the Andes Mountains going right up to 20,000ft. with snow caps. Pretty distinct contrasts.


Today I am still on call, but I won't go into the hangar unless there is a life and death emergency. I have to help lead worship at church, and then leave early to go help cook brunch. The MAF'ers are having an Easter brunch, and I got elected to cook pancakes and waffles. Not a bad election, I enjoy cooking breakfast, or in this case brunch. Afterwards, if there are still no flights to do, maybe I will get a nap in the afternoon...probably wishful thinking.

No comments: