Tuesday, July 17, 2007

From the logbook...Back in command

I was put back into the flight schedule today before I jump back into the maintenance side of things again later this week. It was a lot of fun, but very tiring as well. I had 4.7 hours of flight time, 9 landings, and1 instrument approach back into Shell.

Most of my flights had me going to Tiweano (TIW) today to bring out a work team of 20 people that went in last week. By the time I had made my 4 flights into TIW and another pilot made one, the airstrip was becoming hard to operate in. TIW is notorious for being awful when wet, or after a rain, and we definitely had that today.

During my third trip into TIW it began to rain shortly after I landed. You can tell by the tire tracks that it was beginning to look like a cattle drive had just gone through. If you saw a picture of me, you would think I was one of the cattle because I came home pretty muddy today.
Here is looking north as I waited for the rain to pass. About 10-15 minutes later it had subsided leaving me and the airstrip really wet.

One of the kids in TIW caught this neat butterfly. I had never seen this type, so of course I took a picture. It is amazing how many different kinds of butterflies there are in the jungle.

No comments: