Saturday, July 21, 2007

Happenins'

  • I was working a lot out of my toolbox instead of the cockpit this week. This week we needed to put new rings on Alas 14's pistons. We started Wednesday and I finished yesterday with the test flight in the afternoon. Everything seemed to check out fine, and 14 is now back on the flight line.
  • Last night we had 2 other MAF families over for dinner. It is always fun to get together with them and have some good laughs.
  • Today our visitor, Brooklyn, and I are going to go to a waterfall up the road. It should be a good time, and the weather looks great!
  • We got robbed again the other day. I hate robbery! We had recently planted some flowers in the planters of the entrance to our house. A few mornings later as I walked out to work, I realized someone had reached through our fence and pulled some of our new stuff right up by the roots. While loosing a few flowers is no big deal, the violation that comes as a result of being robbed on any level, whether it is a flower or a car, is infuriating to me.
  • Speaking of walking to work, I have walked a lot this week because my faithful bike is temporarily out of commission. While riding home last week for lunch, my tire suddenly blew up. So, I finished my trip home by walking and later inspection revealed the wire bead of the tire coming apart. It is an easy fix, I just need to get a new tire, but I haven't had time to go to the bike shop.

No comments: