Friday, August 10, 2007

From the logbook...brigadas

At our MAF-Ecuador base, we have five airplanes. Today, 4 of them were in maintenance. Therefore I was the only one flying today, and I had a lot to get done in Alas 14. After all the dust settled I had 12 landings and 3.6 hours of flight time.

The main goal of my flying was bringing 3 different government medical teams (brigadas) out of the jungle. They consist of 3 people; a nurse, a doctor, and a dentist. They had been in the jungle since Monday, and they all seemed ready to come out. I think they work pretty hard in the villages. As I saw this boy walking around in San Carlos as I loaded up the brigada and I wondered if he had just recieved a vaccination in his blessed assurance. Either way, he was a cute little fella.

No comments: