Wednesday, September 12, 2007

From the logbook...Teacher flying

We have been really busy flying literally hundreds of teachers and their cargo into the jungle these past few weeks. Lucky for me I am flying this week instead of flight coordinating. I have been everywhere these past few days, and logged a lot of flight time, and of course, landings. I wanted to share briefly the photo below of a place called Cononaco Bameno (CNC). I have written about it before. This village is home to Waorani Indians, and if your cannot tell by looking at the photo, many of them are still very "natural." Much of this is due to their isolation. They live about 140 miles from Shell, and there are not even any nearby roads for them. Everything is either transported by airplanes or rivers.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: