Wednesday, October 10, 2007

From the logbook...Volleyball, jungle style

Last week after I landed in Charapacocha (CHR) the community offered to feed me lunch. I hesitantly yet graciously accepted. I sat down at the table by myself in the middle of the community hut as everyone gathered around to watch me eat. They shortly thereafter brought me a banana leaf full of freshly cooked fish, just caught from the nearby river. It was piping hot, so I couldn't eat it right away. I also realized something else was piping hot...my passengers. I forgot I had two passengers in the airplane from another airstrip, and I quickly made my way back to the plane to let them out. On my way back to the lunch table, I saw a volley ball game going on and just had to get in. Of course the community pulled up their "bleacher" seats and took part in the action. They were hootin' and a hollerin' every time I spiked the ball. After about 10-15 minutes of giving those shorties a whooping, I returned to my table to finish my fish, which was good, and several days later I am not sick. PTL!

No comments: