Sunday, December 16, 2007

Back Home

After a long trip home due to being diverted to the Ecuadorian coast due to bad weather in Quito, and then being stopped in the middle of the road for almost two hours on the bus due to a bed race (yeah, you read that right), I finally made it home yesterday in the late afternoon. I finally feel like I am coming up for air after what was a very informative week in Oaxaca, Mexico.I was able to visit downtown Oaxaca as well as a number of other places. The history of the area is very old, with many of the buildings in the plaza dating back to the 1500's. The above picture of one of the popular Catholic Churches to get married in. Supposedly every two hours they are have a wedding inside.

I was able to go on three flights while in Oaxaca. The flying is totally different from what I am used to here in Ecuador. This airstrip shown above has an average of 18% slope and a huge mountain on the other end. That said, flying a very stabilized approach is key to getting the airplane on the ground where you want it.

No comments: