Friday, December 28, 2007

From the logbook...

Once again, today I spent a lot of my flight time in the clouds. Luckily, Shell was always open, but not much else. Because of the bad weather in the jungle, I only made two stops before coming home. I took a nurse to a village called Makuma to spend a week there, and then carried on to Achuentza to take home a Bible translator. All told, I was in the clouds for about 75% of my 2 hour flight today.


Achuentza is notorious for being nasty. After all the rain we have had, today was no exception. You can tell that the grass is a little long, and the strip was covered in water. Airspeed control is critical on approach as you don't want to fly any farther down the airstrip than needed in order to land and get on the brakes right away.

No comments: