Friday, December 07, 2007

La Cuidad de Panamá

I have arrived in Panama City, Panama. I will be off to Mexico City, Mexico in about an hour. I realized after landing that this is my third time to Panama in the last few years. I also realized that this is my first time to this international airport. I have come to and left from Panama different ways in each of my three times here.

My first time was with Becca and Brooklyn (pre-Madison). We drove from Costa Rica. We're glad we did it, but we would never do it again. The drive was way too long with a toddler.

The second time was on my ferry flight bringing Alas 14 from Kansas down to Ecuador. We were only here overnight and we landed at a smaller airport near downtown and near the Panama Canal. It used to be the American military base when we had a larger presence here.

And now, here I arrive like "most" people would in a commercial airliner at an international airport. The one thing I am reminded of is how awesome the country of Panama is! I think it must be because of it's American influence perhaps. It is VERY clean, things look organized and built with purpose, and overall there is just a sense of order. You tend to forget that feeling I guess after living in some pretty bizarre circumstances over the years. For those of you who would ever think about visiting Central America, Panama would definitely receive a high recommendation from me.

No comments: