Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Method of Missions


Fall Migration Southbound, originally uploaded by Cielo Azul Images.

Matthew 28:19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations."

"Jesus did not say - Go and save souls (the salvation of souls is the supernatural work of God) but - "Go and make disciples" and you cannot make disciples unless you are a disciple yourself. ... The great essential of the missionary is that he remains true to the call of God, and realizes that his one purpose is to disciple men and women to Jesus. ... The one great challenge is - Do I know my Risen Lord? Do I know the power of His indwelling Spirit? Am I wise enough in God's sight, and foolish enough according to the world, to bank on what Jesus Christ has said, or am I abondoning the great supernatural position, which is the only call for a missionary, viz., boundless confidence in Christ Jesus.?" O. Chambers

No comments: