Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Great Weekend


Duck Invasion, originally uploaded by Cielo Azul Images.

Our time with the Creede Baptist Church went very well this past weekend. Although a small church by most modern standards, the people are full of passion for missions and they were excited to hear what God is doing through us with MAF. Also, this little church of under 100 people just got done packing and shipping over 400 gift boxes for Operation Christmas Child. As I found out about this, I added a few more notes to share when the time came for me to present in front of the congregation. I shared with them that while serving in Latin America, I had the privilege of delivering some of those Christmas Boxes. It was a neat link to share with this little church of how their generosity actually does reach children in very remote areas of the word. As the pastor said, "how else can we so effectively share the Gospel with over 400 people." I know from experience that those boxes will be received and treasured by numerous children all over God's green earth right down to the box they come in.

No comments: