Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Commiting Aviation

Recently, I have had the pleasure of having some flight students; a few private pilot victims, and an instrument pilot are my current pupils. Yesterday, I took my student to a local dirt strip for his first landing on something other than asphalt. He seemed a little hesitant to take an airplane onto a dirt surface (they almost always are) but afterward he expressed his joy and began calling dirt runways his friends. I have always felt that dirt makes for smoother landings anyway. Having the blessing of making the occasional flight right now is nice since most of our work is occuring  in our home "office." After a time of not flying, I begin to get ground sick and the only way to cure it is to commit aviation.

2 comments:

John Bauer said...

Wow I sure do miss that great view

Sean Cannon said...

It is awesome, especially after some time of not seeing it.