Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Fright Instruction.

I still have the privilege of flying with a few flight students, and today found us flying north into Denver's busy airspace. This was the first time that my student had penetrated this class of airspace and he had a great time...as did I. We landed at an airport in north Denver (KBJC), had lunch overlooking the runway, and then flew 2 hours south back home. By afternoon, the smooth air of Winter had been replaced by the turbulent air of Spring and Summer due to convection, or the heating of the earth's surface. After a long flight of bumping along as a flight instructor, I begin to get a little green from just sitting while my lunch is tossed around my stomach. Thankfully, everything stayed where it was supposed to be, and I regained my land legs shortly after coming back down to earth.  When I am the one flying and manipulating the controls, I NEVER feel sick, but as a spectator I get a bit queasy sometimes, although it has never ended in losing my cookies.

No comments: