Thursday, June 17, 2010

The New Guy (airplane)


Kalimantan Quest Kodiak, originally uploaded by Cielo Azul Images.
What does every isolated jungle village need? A red and white MAF airplane and lots of mutt dogs of course. The aircraft in the back is one of the reasons I am going through training in Spokane, WA. This photo was taken on the island of Kalimantan, Indonesia; our future home. Take a peak at this blog to read about the pilot who took this picture.

I can't say for sure if and/or when I will be flying this aircraft, but I will no doubt be helping to maintain it and others similar to it. While my brain has been overloaded with great information and training since last week, I can already see the value of this in-depth maintenance training and how it will come in to play when we arrive in Kalimantan.

No comments: