Monday, August 23, 2010

Coconut Meal


Several times a week I try to get away in the afternoons and practice my Indonesian with some of our local neighbors.  Brooklyn was bored today (that's the last time she'll whine to me) so I took her with me.  After exhuasting all I could of my vast Indonesian conversational skills (or lack thereof) my friend wanted to send us home with some fresh young coconuts and a special sugar to eat with them.  When we got home we all tried this new food and really liked it.  The coconut milk was the best part in my opinion.  The soft inner flesh was also good with the special sugar.  Once again, the kindness, patience and friendliness of the local people is very comforting.  Rebecca and I both have already found special people to practice with, which is a blessing as we stumble over ourselves trying to make simple sentences.

No comments: