Saturday, August 06, 2011

From the Logbook...A View from the Floats

While waiting for my passengers to arrive earlier this week at an interior village,  I took the time to just watch what was happening around me while I was tied up to the dock.  This above shot is life on the other side of the river.  The river provides many things here, food for the table, water to wash clothes, body and dishes with, and the foundation of their floating house.

Looking immediately to the rear of the airplane, there was another house with "normal" life unfolding before my lens.  I have a hard time imagining what life is like to live on the river and never stop bobbing.  It will be a few more months now until I get some more pictures from the airplane floats.  This weekend we are returning to the island of Java to complete our language school curriculum.  We should be back in PalangkaRaya mid-October.  In the meantime, I'll keep my camera busy capturing life in Java until we return to Borneo.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry to miss you! We hope to be in Salatiga sometime in November.