Friday, October 21, 2011

MAF Tarakan pt.2

A few more pics from my ride along a few days ago...

While getting "the tour" of MAF ops in Eastern Kalimantan we visited a number of airstrips that the MAF team serves.  The airstrip pictured above is a "sporty" one with a maximum of 23% slope.  It made for a thrilling takeoff!

One of the fun things about flying around in a wheel airplane again was seeing all the people.  I still interact with plenty of people while flying float planes, but being able to walk around on the airstrip instead of being restricted to a river dock enabled me to see how some of the people in Eastern Kalimantan live a little better.

This weekend we will travel back to PalangkaRaya, Central Kalimantan.  I look forward to getting back in the floatplane and serving the people of Central Kalimantan...plus all this language school stuff has made me groundsick...I NEED to go flying.

No comments: