Wednesday, December 07, 2011

From the Logbook...Float Repair

This past Saturday I had a long flight day because I couldn't fly due to poor weather on Friday.  Well, all that poor weather included lots of rain, which raises river levels and also brings down lots of debris like wood...big wood!

Knowing I had a two hard encounters with some semi-submerged logs, I wanted to give the floats a good looking over when I got back.  Sure enough, I was missing a protective keel strip.  The strip did it's job well and sacrificed itself so the float would remain unharmed.

So, me and Abet, one of our VERY capable national workers, repaired the missing keel strip before heading home for the evening.  With a mix of some super-duper glue mixed in a plastic cup, the keel strip went right into place, ready to take a beating on the rivers of Borneo.

No comments: