Sunday, March 25, 2012

From the Logbook...Hauling the Mail

One of the important items that I find myself transporting daily is mail.  Often the contents of various mail items can mean a lot to the person that it is sent to.  The envelope in the picture above has over $600 in it which is more than a months salary for the average Indonesian.  No doubt that it was important that I transported that little envelope to the middle of Borneo.  Mail is so important to what we do, we even include it in part of our pre-takeoff checklist to make sure we don't forget it.  

2 comments:

Irvan said...

back in 70's, my grandpa did the sameway to send money to my dad, and guess what...the same aircraft that you're flying every single day carried the same stuff 30+ years ago!

Sean Cannon said...

That's really cool Irvan!