Tuesday, April 24, 2012

From the Logbook...An MAF Passenger

A few weeks back, I had the privilege of bringing MAF pilot Dave Forney along with me for a full day of flying.  He was visiting us in PalangkaRaya for a few days, since he serves at our other base in Borneo called Tarakan.  He is a talented photographer in his own right and it was fun to see my world through his lens.  Above, I am trying to make sense of all the different flight requests and put it together in a logical manner.  Sometimes it takes a while.

Unloading cargo...thankfully, as a floatplane pilot, we don't deal with a lot of cargo simply due the the nature of our landing environment.  But, when there is cargo, it usually fits into the float lockers just fine.

Nothing like taking a few minutes on one of the cool rivers to refresh myself with some water on the face after sweating profusely as I fly around Central Borneo.  Have I mentioned it is hot here?!

One of the things that makes me sweat a lot is the refueling we do while interior.  We have fuel "stashed" at about 4 villages that we regularly use.  In the course of a full day, I might put 10-12 jerry cans of fuel on board like in the photo above.  That's about a full drum...one jerry can at a time.  Thankfully we have really good dock help at the locations where we store fuel.  

No comments: