Tuesday, June 12, 2012

From the Logbook...Patient Pick Up

 A few weeks ago instead of watching my plane be loaded with a patient, I gave my camera to a woman standing next to me and said "let em rip."  Not really...but if I could say that in Indonesian that would be cool.  Regardless she still got some cool pics.

Loading a Cessna 185 with a person that has to be laying down is tricky and difficult.  It takes a lot of people and is one of the reasons why many MAF 185 pilots now have bad backs.  I usually try to be mindful of that but sometimes you just have to get in there and get er' done!

 The patient in these photos had suffered from a stroke 3 days prior and traveled to this location to be picked up by us and flown to PalangkaRaya where he went to the hospital.  (BTW - the stretcher is made from small logs and chicken feed sacks)

After getting the patient and his family on board, all that's left is to put their belongings into the float lockers, put the door back on the airplane, and blast off!  I love flying float planes!!!

1 comment:

Irvan said...

i hope you'll never had that bad backs. :)

couple years ago i saw NTM's 185 with modified door that will make your loading patient much easier. i'll show you the pic on FB.