Friday, December 28, 2012

From the Logbook...Christmas in Naan (pt. 3)

Interior trips like the one we took to Naan always amaze me as I learn a little deeper how people really live interior.  Above, the days rice is being steamed over a wood fire.

In the house we stayed at, this was the kitchen.  The food was very simple yet delicious.  We ate fish, deer, veggies, wild pork, and of course rice.

We had many times where we just relaxed on the floating porch and drank coffee.  It was a great way to hear some awesome stories.

Here is what my bedroom looked like.  I was grateful to have a small pad to lay on.

And finally, here is what our lodging looked like from the river bank.  It was a paradigm shift to sleep, eat, and live on a floating house for a day.  River life in interior Borneo never ceases to amaze me.

No comments: