Saturday, September 06, 2014

Manasa 5K

At the end of July I ran my first 5K race.  It was just a small town race but I had a lot of fun running with all of the people.

I really tried hard to run the 5K faster than I ever have to better my chances at placing and taking home a "prize." Above, my girls were all at the finish line to cheer me across.

Lo and behold, I did win a medal...4th place.  I didn't know that races give out 1st through 5th place (usually it's 1-3), but I'll take it any day.  What's a good picture without Madison making her funny face?!

1 comment:

Dave said...

Dude, seriously? 4th place? In the picture you're about half a step behind the lady beside you, number 1015. Don't you remember the thing about there's only 1st place and everything else? You should be ashamed of yourself! Haha. Just kidding. Nice job. That's just fat ol' me talking...don't ask me how many pounds I've gained since moving to Uganda. I need to get out there and start running again!