Friday, September 09, 2005

Brooklyn Gets a BIG Star!

Today when we picked up Brooklyn from the kinder we got word of something monumentous. I described yesterday a little of the classroom format for Rebecca and me. Well Brooklyn has high expectations as well. She started this week in the pottie training class. And on only her third day she went without 1 accident and even communicated in Spanish and English when she had to go. What a smart little stinker. Mommie and Dada were, are, so proud of our little girl, on her way to diaper freedom. Granted there will be many mistakes and miscommunications with Brooklyn in this process, but that is what her parents are perfecting as well. We love to do things like mess up and miscommunicate as a family, for us it happens when we speak Spanish.

On a lighter note, the butterfly picture below I took today when we got home from school. This photo is totally staged, so no huge acolades for this photagrapher. Brooklyn and I found this butterfly on the street, alive, on the way home from school, yet is was unable to fly. So I let it crawl on my hand and brought him to my house and found a better backdrop and took some pictures. I don't know what it is called other than pretty. There are sure a lot of neat butterflys here. I tried once to get a picture of a moth that was bigger than my hand, like a big bat, but he flew off to quickly. I did get stung one day at school though by a caterpillar. It hurt like a bee sting but not for as long. It was about 2 inches long with lots of green spikes on its back. The pain thankfully was short lived, about 20 minutes or so.

1 comment:

carrie said...

Great picture, Sean! I'm impressed, even if it is staged. :) Can't believe Brooklyn is in the potty training class...she's just a baby in my mind.