Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Thoughts

  • We welcomed the Dickson family to Costa Rica yesterday. They are here to learn Spanish before Rick takes over as Latin America Regional Director. They have been in Africa with MAF for several years. That makes 3 MAF families in Costa Rica again.
  • I'm ready to go to Ecuador. It feels weird knowing that we'll be going in only four months. In many ways, I've already said good-bye to Costa Rica and I'm skipping ahead to the next phase. But I know that isn't how God wants it. We still have lots to do here in Costa Rica and we can't be missing out on what God has for us in the next 4 months. But our house has taken on a more temporary feel again, knowing we need to be getting rid of the extra stuff again before we leave.
  • How weird. School begins in a week. And we're the "big kids" now. 3rd Trimester. Seniors. Wow. And we're supposed to be the smart ones! This should be a fun trimester of practicing what we've learned and digging a little deeper into the heart of the language. I would definately say that Sean and I know Spanish now. That doesn't mean everything comes out as it should or that we are totally clear on some of the rules - that's what this third trimester will hopefully help us with. Pray for good teachers for us!
  • I'm getting anxious about the maid's Bible Study. I'll probably start it in 2 weeks. Yikes! God gave me an excellent outline for the study. We'll be studying on Christlikeness and what that means. I'm looking forward to it but I really don't feel ready and I feel a lot like Moses must have - "but Lord, I can't talk!" Please pray with me for these ladies. I don't want this to be a mediocre study or one of those things that doesn't "stick". I want God to use this study to change our habits, our attitudes, and our lives for the better. And I know that is what He wants too. Let's pray against the enemy's tactics to stop our progress!
  • Sean just got home. He was downtown most of the afternoon working on getting his Costa Rican Driver License. He's official now. And only after standing in 3 differnent lines for one hour each!!

No comments: