Sunday, February 26, 2006

What a Weekend

As Becca stated earlier, last week was great, but very tiring. We are definetly using the weekend to recover. Friday night we went to a fun and good restaurant with some friends. It is called "Friday's" and is modeled and looks exactly like the "T.G.I. Friday's" of the states. Even down to the menu choices and appearances, but it is a knockoff resaurant. And they do a pretty good job of it, one of the few places here to get a good American style burger. My pregnant wife would have nothing less than some American grease bomb last Friday, so luckily "Friday's" exsists. Yesterday we had planned on going with a group of friends from the school to Irazu Volcano and afterwards to a hot springs/swimming pool. At the last minute yesterday morning we backed out. Becca was having a good bout of morning sickness, Brooklyn didn't sleep well which always makes for an interesting day, and I had a very bad headache bordering on a migrane. I had had a headache and really bad neck pain since last Wednesday. Friday after school, and yesterday it knocked me out for two 3 hour naps. Today I feel much better. Probably 95%. I don't know what it was. It sounds a lot like just stress, but I dont know what I am stressed about. I know weird things happen when you are adjusting to other cultures, and the process doesn't end after a few months. Maybe this is why my headache exsisted. Either way, I felt awful. After whining to the Lord about why I was "sick" and not really feeling a response from Him, He did tell me that without being sick, you don't know what it is to be healthy. Very true, but it doesn't make the process easy. We are all getting ready to head out the door for church. It is looking to be a great day. Everyone feels great, the sun is out and bright, and of course the tempurature is perfect. Looks to be another relaxing day, as we gear up to start week number 8 of 16. We are getting more and more excited about our move to Ecuador, and less and less motivated to be at school. It is a natural response I suppose, but you could pray for us that we would stay ecnouraged and focused for our last few weeks.

No comments: