Thursday, March 30, 2006

Saying Good-bye


It has already begun. Yesterday was my last Bible Study with the maids. We had a party here at our house. There were 16 of us ladies packed into our little living room...and Sean. I shared a short devotion and a friend came and led us in some worship time. We ate lots of food - all "american" style food that they don't normally eat! It was a special time, though a little bittersweet for me. I am glad to be done with the work that was involved in the Bible Study because my mind is hardly functioning on anything except moving to Ecuador lately. But I will miss each of these special ladies and the time we had sharing together. It went so quickly that I hardly feel that it really happened. But I'll treasure the memories that I have.

It is hard to believe that one month from yesterday will be our graduation. Is it really possible that we've been here for almost a year already?! It was a very fast year. We are done with our Grammar books and our Conversation teacher told us today that we've already breezed through all that she had planned for our class this trimester. There are still things to learn - the nit-picky stuff that many students never learn and we'd be just as happy to go without! It is hard to keep going to school when your teachers admit they've done all they can with you! Oh well, we really only have 2 weeks of school left after this week. We'll go to school all next week but the following week will be "vacation" for Holy Week which is a big deal down here. After Holy Week we'll go to school one more week and a Monday and graduate on Tuesday, April 25. That's it. Doesn't seem real.

No comments: