Thursday, March 16, 2006

The visa process continues...

Be in prayer with us again tomorrow and Friday. Tomorrow we should get our Costa Rica visa renewal. Pray that this not only happens, but that we also get our passports back in hand. The reason being we are going to the Ecuadorian Consulate Friday morning to turn in the application for thier visa. If we don't get our passports back, there is no point in even going to the Ecuadorian Consulate. Join with us that our Spanish will be smooth and gracefull, that we will be able to communicate everything that we need, and that ultimately the Lord will be glorified. That is the whole point right? I am finding lately how much I put my own glorification, or that of goals or plans before those of the Lord. God cares about these logistical processes, and we just want to be in tune with the manner in which He wants us to do them.

Tomorrow in class we all have to teach each other something, something in which we can also do and participate in. I am going to take our laptop and my flight simulator game in order to teach the class how to "fly." It should be interesting and definetly worthwhile to learn and integrate this type of vocabulary. If things don't change in the next few months, I might go into anaphelactic (sp?) shock or something. You see, I am extremely groundsick, and I am in need of a birds eye view and the ability to breath some thinner air. Over this past year I have logged some serious time flying the computer, to which I am very gratefull to have, it is much better than nothing.

We should get our fill of the aviation/airport scene when we move to Shell. We just found out that our house location has been changed, and it will put us about 100 yards from the runway and the hangar. Our house is actually the upstairs of the original Nate Saint hangar, for those of you who know his story. We continue to get excited about our move to Ecuador, although it is also getting real thinking of leaving some great friends that we have made here, classmates and Costa Rican's alike. Something else to pray about. Doesn't the Apostle Paul tell us something about praying in all occasions and doing so without ceasing. Here we go...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sean,

My Dad is a pilot and is the same way about bein stuck on the ground. He says he needs to be where the angels fly.

I have been following your blog since you created it. I have also been praying for you and your family. I would to e-mail with you all. Here is my e-mail if you want to send me yours. emtmtv@hotmail.com

Peace In Christ,
Paul