Sunday, April 23, 2006

Happy Birthday

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sean!!!

Today is the big day. I am very thankful that Sean was born 26 years ago!! Seriously. I couldn't be more proud of my hubby. He's worked very hard to be where he is. He's so organized, so goal-oriented, so persevering. When I would have thrown in the towel and said "forget it" he kept plugging along. And here we are, 5 days away from beginning our ministry in Ecuador. He's had a difficult year - no flying and nothing but school - but he doesn't whine like I would (and do)! Instead he tackled this language learning stuff with his usual determination and is now a proficient Spanish speaker. Looking at where he started a year ago, I can tell you that of all the students that began in our trimester a year ago, Sean has improved the most drastically. It might have something to do with the fact that Sean is such a friendly, talkative guy. He never let a silly thing like language keep him from making friends and talking to people wherever he goes! Because he was willing to put himself out there to "practice" so much, he improved very quickly.

Not only is Sean a hard worker but he is, most importantly, a faitful servant of the King. He's always been my encourager in the faith. A wife really appreciates it when her husband wants to pray with her every morning. Sean takes his role as "priest" of this family very seriously and I appreciate that more than I can express with mere words. And knowing that he is seeking God, looking to Him for strength and answers to the issues of life makes me confident that the decision he makes are out of Godly wisdom. I know that not every woman is able to say that about her husband and I praise God that I can say it with complete confidence!

I'm proud of you, Sean. And I'm so blessed that God gave me such a wonderful man to live out the rest of my days with. Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Anita,
Thanks for the Happy B-day. It was a good day, and we even got te eat out at OUTBACK Steakhouse. Mmmmmm! We will be sure to let you know what these next days bring. Thanks for your prayers...Sean