Friday, May 05, 2006

A few more pics...

This is one of 5 bridges in Shell. This foot bridge is a shortcut on the way to work and leads through HCJB World Radio's "compound." It is very fun to walk across and over the middle of the river you are at leasts 100 feet over the water. You really feel like you are in the jungle when you walk over it because the foilage is so thick.
This is just a moth I found in the road on my walk home from the hangar. I put it on the poinseta tree in our front yard for a backdrop. It was pretty big. There will be more insect pictures for sure coming to this blog!



This is Brooklyn reading to her new best friends. How can you resist 6 puppy dog eyes telling you they want to stay inside and play.

Today was a busy time in the hangar. Did we mention that it rains in the jungle? The past two days we haven't been able to fly, so today everyone was really busy. In fact we were so busy a family had to call an ambulance to come and pick up thier dead person that was in a casket awaiting delivery to the jungle for burial. They don't imbalm their dead here, so usually the next day after a death the funeral happens or it is an ugly site, probably smelly too. I reckon the ambulance showed up to put the dead person on ice or something for the night until the flight can be made tommorow. I was busy studying all afternoon. I did also help unload one of the planes as it arrived for the night. It was carrying the pilot and his passenger, a local dentist, and all of his tools. There wasn't an extra inch in that airplane. There were 2 propane bottles, a makeshift aircompressor (dentist remember), several large storage containers, and a few other things. That little Cessna was packed.

Tommorow I will be back at the hangar to continue studying and getting the feel of how things happen in the hangar. It has sure been refreshing, although I am still ground sick and cannot wait to start flying again. That will happen after I get my Ecuadorian License hopefully next week. So it shouldn't be to long until I smell that rare air again. Ahhh!

By the way, Jarod Altic, when are you bringing a work team down from your church?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Sean and Rebecca and Brookly. I just wanted to tell that I am praying for you. A few months ago I asked you for your e-mail address, which you sent to me. I have some how lost it. Would you please e-mail me with it; emtmtv@hotmail.com I enjoy reading your blog.

In Christ,
Paul