Sunday, July 09, 2006

Picture Day

I have been wanting to get a simple family picture for a while, and we finally got around to doing it this morning. We all got dressed up and headed for the hangar to get a few shots. It didn't take too long as Brooklyn was pretty cooperative. As far as my "captains shirt" goes, I don't really wear that to work. We call them our "Quito shirts" because that is about the only place that we do wear them, and even then it is rare. For those instances when appearance is really important, or maybe we have an important meeting, then we as pilots will get all dressed up. But obviously our normal routine of loading cargo, fueling the airplane, sweating, getting in the mud, sweating, washing the airplanes, and sweating don't make a nice white shirt very practical.
Of course, we got a few fun pictures in between glamour shots. I think Brooklyn had just told me something like "Hey, you talkin to me punk? Cuz if you are, you are in for a world of hurt," as I took this picture.

No comments: