Saturday, July 08, 2006

Por Fin...(Finally)

Yeesss!!! I was able to get some flying in today. Our intructor pilot Chad and I were able to get about 2 hours in this morning of refresher flying with some takeoffs and landings as well. It was great to be back in the air. Although I still have a lot of work to do to prove my skill and polish it as well, we are finally able to begin the process to get me licensed and operational. Later this afternoon we also made another flight. This time it was out to the jungle to pick up three medical patients. While I wouldn't call them emergencies, the patients needed medical care that couldn't be given in the jungle. Another comercial operator at the airport was supposed to make the flight, but at this time we are the only ones with fuel for our airplanes on the whole airport. So we made this flight for the local operator called Tao. I was responsible for most of the flight. Once we got the the jungle village (where I greased my landing!) I had to load the passengers and their cargo, and off we went again. The village is called Villano, and it one of our closest airstrips, about a 25 minute flight.

Hopefully I will be able to get to the point next week where Chad will think I am ready to take the remaining test for my license. When he thinks I am ready, we call "the General." He is literally a general with the Ecuadorian Air Force, and he gives all flight tests in the country at all levels. I actually met him in Quito a few weeks ago, because he was getting his medical renewed while I was getting mine issued for the first time. From what I have heard, he is a joy to fly with, and really makes the test quick and easy. I though he was a nice guy when I met him in Quito, so I am not nervous about flying with him.

Whatever next week turns out to be like, it is just good to finally be in the air again. I love flying!!!

No comments: