Friday, July 21, 2006

Weevils and Ice Cream

  • Is it finally Friday? I can't tell you how much we are looking forward to a weekend this week. I feel like I've hardly seen Sean. We both keep busy on weeknights and it seems we meet at the dinner table for a quick meal and then one of us wakes the other one up when we get back home and come to bed. We've just never been busy like this in the evenings so it is an adjustment!
  • Yesterday was a frustrating day for me. I've improved so much in the whole "fixing dinner from scratch" thing but after yesterday, I'm ready for a good, old-fashioned box of Hamburger Helper! I found weevils in our flour...or I should say flour in our weevils. That's just something that never happened back home...especially not in a brand new, supposedly sealed bag. Anyway, it meant a quick trip to the store for more flour but I shouldn't have bothered because somehow the pizza dough I was making still didn't turn out. Instead, we went out to dinner to one of our three options. At least there was somewhere to go eat or we might have just starved!
  • While we were at the store I bought us some ice cream. Brooklyn really enjoyed that treat! Here's a picture of the other half of the ice cream that didn't quite make it into her mouth.

No comments: