Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Donco...

Due to bad weather today, we only had two flights, and even then, they barely made it out and back in. We had a full schedule today, so now we will put it all on the plan for tommorow. Since we weren't able to accomplish much, I worked on the Bronco today. Due to it's current state of being totally torn apart, it is now called the Donco. Kinda a cross between a Donkey and a Bronco, but not like a mule. How's that for a deep thought! Anyway, at this point I have the whole fuel tank dropped out, the fuel pump out, and the whole dash and ventilation system pulled. I am tracing a wire that has low voltage. My fuel pump is only getting 7 volts, and it should be 12. Due to previous installations from things like alarms and whatever else, there is some poorly done work under the dash. It just so happens that the piece of wire I need is in the place the dash won't allow you to get. Therefore, I just removed the dash. Now if only I can remember how to put it back together. Let's just start praying for that now. I am also trying to track down some parts that I need. I know that prices and availability in the States are good, tommorow I will see what they are here in Ecuador. Sometimes they are ok, other times not. Either way, we are back to driving our loaner truck for the timebeing. I am not on the flight schedule for tommorow, so maybe I will have to more time to get my Donco back into shape.

No comments: