Friday, October 20, 2006

Road trip...

Since the pulling of my wisdom teeth on Wednesday, I am feeling pretty good. Yesterday I was able to eat just about anything I wanted, although I had to chew carefully with each bite. It took me a while to finish my food, even Grandma ate faster than me.

Yesterday when we woke up we were greated with an unusuall sight. During the night, volcanic ash from Tungurahua had covered EVERYTHING! I would compare it to a very light dusting of snow, except, it doesn't melt when the sun comes up. Needless to say, it was very dusty yesterday, and the Ecuadorians though it very strange to see so much dust. I was telling them of the amount of dust that we have in my desert region of the USA, and how there is so much in fact that there are huge "piles" of dust also known as the Great Sands Dunes National Park. They didn't quite get it. We had a little rain over the night, so hopefully it settled things down a bit.

This morning we will be on our way to Quito. Becca's mom leaves early Sunday morning to go back home, so we wanted to give ourselves plenty of time to travel there. We should have a good day today and tommorow. It should also prove intersting as well. Our first big trip as a bigger family, in a car that hasn't quit earned it's trustworthyness. Keep us in your prayers. I'm sure that we will have some funny stories as always when we get back on Sunday.

No comments: