Thursday, October 19, 2006

You never know what a day may bring...

Keeping with tradition over the past few days, we have been very busy. As any parent can attest to, parenting can be an all consuming fire. With our recent addition of Madison we have definetly had our work cut out fir us, especially Becca. We have been so gratefull to have Becca's mom here helping us. True reality is going to hit next week when we get back to normal.

Speaking of normal, you'll never guess what I got to do today. Unfortunatly, I still haven't had any flights this week, so it's not flight related. We recieved an email a few days ago letting us know that there would be a dentist couple coming down to Shell to give a few days of FREE dental treatment to those interested. They are from Ohio and spend about half of the year traveling the world doing medical work. This will be their 16th year coming to Ecuador. They had already spent the past few weeks giving free clinics in the Quito area for Compassion International. This morning they arrived in Shell and my family was one of the first on the list to be seen today. We all 3 (Madison doesn't have teeth yet for those who were wondering) checked out fine, but he did mention to me that I should probably get my wisdom teeth out. I said "I know, my hometown dentist told me the same thing." But then he said "I can do it right now." I was a liitle shocked by that statement! But I knew I have been putting off the inevitable, so this afternoon, after we ate lunch with him and his wife, he took out my two lower wisdom teeth. He jusy numbed me up real good, and yanked those two suckers out. Did I say they were huge! So, needless to say, my mouth is still numb, and I won't be flying until next week now. I also forgot to mention that they set up shop in our hanngar. We just ran them an air hose and they went to town. They took a picture of me on the "operating" table, which I will be sure to post when I get it. Can't say that when I left for work this morning that I thought I would be coming home with 2 fewer teeth. The irony of this lifestyle never ceases to amaze me!

No comments: