Saturday, November 04, 2006

From the Logbook...La Co-pilota

On Wednesday we recieved a call late in the afternoon for a medi-vac. Because of the distance of the airstrip, and the time of the day in which we revieved the call, we had to put it on hold until the following day, which was yesterday. I was on the schedule yesterday to get this patient out, but the weather was to bad all day yesterday. So, the patient was still needing transport today, so me and my new little co-pilota went and got her from her village called Montalvo.
Brooklyn did pretty good on her first jungle flight with her dad. She had flown some when we were in the States, but she was really young then. Our flight was about 45 minutes each way, and I think she was getting a little airsick by the time we landed in Montalvo. Other than that, she did great. On our way back, she was my little stewardess. I also brought out 2 doctors with my patient and her mom. She kept handing pieces of her bread roll to the doctors sitting right behind us. They thought it was pretty cute, as did I. But it did leave a lot of crumbs in the plane. But there has been a lot worse left in the plane, believe me. We also sang a lot of songs on the way home, Ol' McDonald, ABC's, Twinkle-Twinkle Little Star, Jesus Loves me this I know, ect. It was a first class flight on the way home, full of entertainment and food. I got another good glamour shot of my co-pilota. Isn't she cute!

No comments: