Monday, January 29, 2007

The weekend...

I was on call this weekend which always makes things interesting in order to plan anything. Here are a few things that we did over the past few days...
  • Our German Shepherd became an "it" on Friday. She (it) seems to be recovering nicely
  • Our favorite Mexican food place opened back up in Puyo...Hooray Ernesto!
  • Yesterday while taking a drive with the fam, Becca said "Sean, should the hood be sticking up like that?" Sure enough, one of our hinges had broken off and the spring was lifting the right rear corner up pretty far. I removed it today and my co-worker Mateo welded it for me. Now she shuts real nice!
  • I was going to fly yesterday, but was delayed in getting my flight off because of rain. When the weather finally cleared enough to leave Shell, the village called us and said the patient I was going to bring out had died. It was a 3 year old with pneumonia. The realities of life are hard sometimes.
  • Today I had another emergency flight. This time I was bringing out a 9 month old boy who had been stung by a deadly scorpion. The last time this happened we weren't able to get there soon enough because of weather, and the patient died. Luckily, today the weather was great, and hopefully this little boy will survive. Pray with us that his parents will come to Christ as well through this ordeal.
  • Brooklyn and I gave away a lot of oranges, limes, and lemons today. We have 1 tree of each in our frontyard. Every week or two we like to just pick as much as we can and give it to our neighbors and the kids that come up to the gate. It is an easy way to meet our neighbors.
  • I did some "gardening" by removing a palm tree in our front yard and transplanting it to the side of our house. It sure looks nicer over there, time will tell if it likes it's new spot.
  • Becca made a pumpkin pie this past Friday. I somehow missed out on a piece of pumpkin pie during the holidays, so she made me one. It is already gone...darn!
  • We received Madison's American passport. She is now totally "paperworked" and official in both Ecuador and the good ol' USA!
  • Despite the lack of schedule, I still managed a nap everyday...ahhh nice!
  • I tried to play printer fixer also and failed miserably. Brooklyn threw a corn kernel from some pop-corn into our printer a few days ago. Ever since it wouldn't print right. I was able to get our other printer to work that had some problems, but this one now sits in my trash barrel out front. It makes me sick to see such a nice, and expensive, piece of equipment thrown away like that, but I couldn't fix it. Reminds me of what my dad used to say, and I'm sure every other dad for that matter. "Sean, why do I even bother getting anything nice and new around here, all you kids do is break stuff." Now I am beginning to understand that is what kids do, sometimes on purpose, but mostly from just being kids.

No comments: