Thursday, March 01, 2007

New pics

This past weekend when I went to pick up my girls at the airport, of course I goofed off the whole way up to Quito taking pictures and doing some light off road exploring. I ended up at our hangar at the Quito International airport trying to get some fun shots. I did get some neat shots of departing and arriving aircraft from our hangar apron, before security came by and told me I couldn't be there. Oh well, I guess next time...Here are a few that I took on my drive. Be sure to check the web album every once in a while for new "exclusive" photos of more than just airplanes.


An American registered Boeing 747 prepares for takeoff. If you have never seen one of these, regardless of the model, up close and personal, you will never understand it's size, and marvel at the power of aerodynamics that enable thousands of pounds of metal to cheat gravity and soar skyward. I assume this "freight-dog" is carrying roses for export.


Here is the nose of the big boy as he taxied by our ramp. Ginormous!!


Here is another freight-dog coming in for landing. Another impressive aircraft, the MD-11.

No comments: