Monday, March 05, 2007

Las parasitas

I have been having some weird gut problems for about 2 months. When you live in a tropical third world country like us, you expect that eventually the little critters are going to find a way into your digestive system, no matter what lengths you go to in order to prevent it.

The doctors here recommend that every 6 months you take a de-wormer and anti-amoeba medicine, regardless of how you feel. We have lived here 11 months now and we haven't done anything...until now. Yesterday I started on my intestinal Drano medicine, and finished it today at lunch. Time will tell if it is effective, which I am sure it will be. I am just glad that we have medicine for such things. Parasites can really reek havoc in the long term, and can even cause death if not taken seriously. Luckily at my stage, they are more of a discomfort and inconvenience than anything. Hopefully after all this medicine takes effect, they won't be anything but dead and eliminated!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Let's just hope this medicine really works. What Sean didn't tell you is that he kept me up Friday night listening to the ever-so-pleasant sound of him throwing up. Ewwwww! Guess he won't be accepting any more R.O.U.S stew now will he? (ROUS = Rodent Of Unusual Size)
--Becca