Monday, March 05, 2007

Playhouse

While my girls were gone in the States, I wanted to build Brooklyn a playhouse to surprise her for when she got back. When we moved down here we used 4 big crates to ship our big things. Since unpacking them, they have just been sitting around waiting for the termites to find them. Rather than wait for that day, I thought I could put something simple together with the wood and make a simple playhouse. I got most of it done while the girls were away, but I ran out of time to complete it. This weekend we went ahead and finished it. We put hinges on the door and shutters, put a roof on it, and painted it. At first it looked pretty awful. Brooklyn thought it was our dog's house when she first saw it. I'll be the first to admit that is isn't a wooden marvel, but it will work for who it's for. And after we got done painting it, it looked so much better. Just like someone told me once, "paint can cover a multitude of sins." We moved a plastic table and chairs inside, and Brooklyn was really happy with it. She even told me thanks for working so hard and making her a house. How cool!
Here is my little helper painting. She really pitched in, and she helped me paint the whole thing until we were finished. Usually she does something for a while like any 3 year old, and then looses interest. But, she stayed the course with me until it was all done. I think Mommy is going to make it even a little more personal with some other painted pictures and maybe some real flowers. After it is all done we will put a picture of the final result.

No comments: